Honey Hunting in Nepal
Honey Hunting is the real and frequent activity of indigenous Gurung and Magar Community in Bhujung and Pasgaon for honey hunting from which they are able to solve their problem of bread and butter. This ancestral job of honey hunting still continues in many remote villages of Nepal while offering high tourism potential. A large section of travelers are increasingly showing their interest in honey hunting thereby ensuring staple sources of local revenue generation, besides Ghalegoan Bhujung and the hole of Annapurna region, Dhading and Jharlang across Ganesh Himal Arun valley in Makalu and other trekking areas have become Popular for honey hunting, a new tourist activity but in Nepal except Bhujung area of Annapurna region, special package of Honey hunting for tourist is not developed yet. Nerveless few lucky tourist get chance to observe honey hunting on spot while traveling along the trekking routes. There are myriad be nests found in the inner and outer rings of different trekking areas which if professionally scientifically and technically managed, provides an immense potentiality of promoting honey hunting as an add- on product.
Honey Hunting, the collection of Honey from the nests of wild Bees built on steep cliffs, is an age-old tradition. Local honey hunters show their exceptional skills by hanging themselves from cliffs as high as 300 meters using Bamboo ladders and hemp ropes, while harvesting the honeycombs. Everyone is thrilled to watch honey hunters at work.
We organize this kind of Honey Hunting Tours with part trekking. This is a camping Trek including Honey Hunting. We have decades of experience at Honey Hunting and you will enjoy this amazing experience! Join us on this unique experience and discover local tradition and Gurung culture in Nepal. Don’t forget your cameras!!
Trekking in the foothills of the Annapurnas. See the spectacular honey hunting on the steep bee cliffs. Be welcomed by the Gurung people and learn about their traditions and customs.
These holidays give you the opportunity to sample traditions and culture. See them while you trek in the foothills of The Himalayas.
Day 01: Namaste and welcome to Nepal and the start of our adventure! We’ll be waiting with a warm greeting and transfer to your hotel. We’ll have a final briefing in the evening regarding our itinerary and overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Full day sightseeing in UNESCO listed historical sites such as Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhanath, Swayambhunath (Monkey temple), and Pashupathinath in Kathmandu valley with experienced Tour Guide by private car/van,
Stay overnight in hotel.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Besishahar (5hrs Drive) by private car,van or tourist coach.
Day 04 : Besishahar – Ghalegaun (6-7 hrs trek).
Day 05: Ghalegaun – Bhujung (3 hrs trek).
Day 06: Bhujung – Thaku Bhir - This is the honey hunting site.
Day 07: Thaku Bhir - Free day to watching honey hunting.
Day 08: Thaku Bhir – Bhujung (3 hrs trek).
Day 09: Bhujung – Besishahar (6 hrs trek back).
Day 10: Besishahar – Pokhara. (3 hrs Drive)
Day 11. Pokhara - Full day of activities such as Paragliding, sightseeing & boating on the Phewa Lake.
Day 12: Pokhara - Kathmandu (7 hrs Drive). If there is enough time then go for exploration of local markets & shopping. We'll reunite in the evening for a farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurants in town, where we'll be eager to hear your feedback on the trip.
Day 13: Our team will drop you off to Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport for your departure.
Namaste & we hope to see you again soon!
Cost, Includes and Excludes
- Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up & drop by private car/ van/ bus
- Hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis
- Guides for Kathmandu & Pokhara valley sightseeing tour with English speaking tour guide
- All meals during trekking 3 meals a day ( Breakfast, Lunches and Dinners)
- All camping equipment if necessary otherwise local guest houses
- Government Licensed holder English speaking trekking guides and porters during the trek
- National park or conservation Area Permit
- TIMS card for related regions
- All local transportation from and to Kathmandu by tourist bus /private car /van.
- Meal in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- All kind of drinks ( Alcoholic , hot and cold drinks)
- Desert ,chocolates, personal shopping ,laundry ,telephone call ,internet ,camera battery charging
- Personal Trekking Equipment
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- Tips for trekking staff
- Any kind of personal expense / Helicopter rescue
- Any others expense which are not mentioned on price Includes section
Would love to try this trip!